Covid-19 Update: We are staying informed and doing everything in our power to follow the guidelines as set forth by the CDC regarding cleaning, sanitizing, social distancing and the use of personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of everyone we work with.
Organizing Services: Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Ventura County and San Gabriel Valley
Tired of living in clutter? Not enough space in the closet? Papers all over your desk? Need to plan a move or have an Estate Sale and don’t know where to begin? We can help! Organizing Concepts & Designs is a full service Professional Organizing Company serving Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. Here’s just a few of the services that we provide:
- Residential Organizing
- Office Organizing
- Estate Sales
How many times have you used these excuses when defending your disorganized space?
“I know exactly where everything is.”
“A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind.”
“If I can’t see it I won’t remember that I have to do it.”
Let us help you get “better” organized.
Tips From An Organized Mind
Set Yourself Up For Success When Working From Home (Part II)
For those of you who didn’t receive or read last month’s newsletter, this is a continuation, Part II, of my article “Set Yourself Up for Success When Working From Home”.
The following are some great tips to follow to be more productive and efficient when working from home.
1. Work Center: The first thing I would highly recommend is to create a centralized work center:
• This area should contain everything you need 90% of the time.
• These items/supplies/files need to be accessible.
• It would be best if you can set this up so that what you need is within arms’ reach.
• If that’s not possible always make sure to have what you do need before starting your work to avoid unnecessary distractions, interruptions or delays.
2. Connect: While working from home, we don’t have the same opportunities to build and maintain the personal connections that we would normally have when working with the same people in person. Therefore, it is extremely important to be vigilant about staying in touch with clients, colleagues and other associates.
• Do something every day to maintain relationships and form new ones.
• You can call, text, email. Send a note via Facebook or Linked-In.
• When it’s appropriate and safe to do so, meet with people face to face.
• In the meantime, use whatever works for you, i.e., zoom, facetime
3. Contact Management System: Having a way to funnel all of your contacts and other pertinent information into one place allows information to be easily tagged and retrieved.
• On-line contact management systems and CRM’s have become increasingly popular and there’s a good reason. It works! I use a CRM in my business daily and in so many different ways that I can’t imagine running my business without this tool. The possibilities are endless. Some of the ways that it can be utilized:
• Data Bases:
• I have several data base lists: one for my clients, one for vendors, one for each of my networking groups, etc.
• You can run reports for just about anything: income by day, month, year and/or client; who referred business and when.
4. Paper Processing Center: Whether your office is the kitchen table, a converted closet, or a corner suite, you need an efficient and easy way to handle paper.
• Until you’re completely paper-less, it’s a good idea to have a place to process all incoming and outgoing paperwork.
• Items like meeting notes, business cards, bills and items to read should be placed in an inbox or file rather than dumping them in a pile on your desk.
• It would be great if you had a trash can and shredder located at this designated “place” to avoid the build-up of unwanted paper like flyers and/or solicitations.
• Create and implement a filing system.
• The most important thing to remember is that whatever system you create should make sense to YOU.
• The key to an efficient system is your ability to find and retrieve your files quickly.
• It is imperative that you name/label your files so that you can easily find what you need when you need it.
• Keep your current project(s) and active file(s) in a vertical¬ desktop file holder or file drawer within easy reach.
• Schedule Time to File:
• No one likes to file paper but, it is a necessary evil.
• Set a weekly appointment on your calendar to go through your inbox and process the items inside.
• Keep in mind your inbox is a holding spot that’s meant to be emptied. It’s not a file cabinet!
5. Master Calendar: Too many of us use several calendars, or sticky notes, and invariably lose information, dates, appointments and contacts in the madness.
• Decide on what calendar system best serves you
• Remember there is no right or wrong way.
• When you find something that you like, use it for at least three weeks to see if it works for you.
• Whatever you choose, you must be willing to use it consistently.
If you need help with setting up your home office for success, please give us a call at #310-560-5060. We can help!
Meet Dina Braverman | Owner & Founder
LOCAL STORIES Meet Dina Braverman | Owner & Founder August 24, 2020
We had the good fortune of connecting with Dina Braverman and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Dina, what was your thought process behind starting your own business?
I knew that Professional Organizing was something that I was great at. I knew that it was something that everyone would need in their life at some point in some place. I knew that my corporate experience coupled with my OCD which manifested in organization, and my drive to be successful was going to propel me and my company to be successful.
Read entire article...
We Looked at 813 Home Organizers in Los Angeles and Picked the Top 20
Organizing Concepts and Designs
Based in Encino, Organizing Concepts and Designs provides home and office organization throughout the Los Angeles area as well as assistance with relocations and estate sales. Founder Dina Braverman is a long-time member of the National Association of Professional Organizers who strives to uphold the association’s tenets of respect and confidentiality. Organizing Concepts and Designs was named Best of Thumbtack for 2016 and received both the Angie’s List Super Service Award and Encino Small Business Excellence Award.
Meet Dina Braverman of Organizing Concepts and Designs in Encino and Los Angeles County
Today we’d like to introduce you to Dina Braverman.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Dina. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
After working as a Legal Assistant/Office Manager for 30 years I decided to start an Organizing business. I wanted to take the skills and experience that I acquired while working in the legal industry and my natural organizational talents to help others get organized or better organized, as the case may be. Organizing Concepts and Designs, aka OCD, has given me a positive and powerful way to channel my OCD tendencies. Our services include Residential Organizing, Office Organizing, Relocations and Estate Sales. Organizing Concepts and Designs has 5 Star ratings with Yelp, GoogleMyBusiness, Angie’s List and Thumbtack.Read entire article...
Agoura, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Bel Air, Moorpark, Oak Park, Calabasas, Woodland Hills, West Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Reseda, Valley Village, Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Northridge, Granada Hills, Canoga Park, North Hills, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Chatsworth, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Hollywood, Santa Clarita, West Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Palm Springs, Coachella Valley, San Gabriel Valley