Vacations are supposed to be fun!
However, it’s hard to relax when you’re thinking about all the things you have to do before you leave. There are so many things to remember and so many things to do before you leave.
Stress no more. The following Travel Checklist will help you remember some of the important things to do before you leave home:
- Notify the post office and arrange for them to hold your mail.
- Let your neighbors or a good friend know when you are going to be away and ask them to keep an eye on your home.
- Leave a house key with your friend or neighbor.
- Leave your contact information with key people in case of emergency.
- Adjust thermostats to save energy.
- Pay any bills that will come due while you are traveling.
- Lock all doors and windows. Set security alarms.
- Set up timers on lights and TVs so your home looks lived in.
- Inform your security monitoring company that you will be away and arrange for a security patrol.
- Check the fridge/kitchen for perishables and dispose of them. Take the garbage out!
- Make sure to have all of your important travel information and documents all together in one place:
- Photo identification
- Tickets and Seat Assignments
- Frequent Flyer Cards
- Confirmation numbers
- Contact numbers
- Money or Travelers Checques
Wishing you a safe and relaxing vacation!