Organizing Services Los Angeles & San Fernando Valley
Tired of living in clutter? Not enough space in the closet? Papers all over your desk? Need to plan a move or have an Estate Sale and don't know where to begin? We can help! Organizing Concepts & Designs is a full service Professional Organizing Company serving Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. Here's just a few of the services that we provide:
- Residential Organizing
- Office Organizing
- Estate Sales
Someone asked me the other day if I was super organized. Without hesitation I answered Yes.
The next questions was how do you stay organized? Great question and one I get asked ALL OF THE TIME. The answer: Time Management. Probably not what she was expecting me to say BUT, it’s so true.
We all have the same 24 hours in a day. We all have a lot of s*-t to do. I hear it all the time. “I need more hours in the day”. No, that’s not we need. If we had more time in the day we’d just all fill it up with more to do.
So, here’s some quick and easy ways to manage your time more efficiently every day:
- Give yourself extra time. Wouldn’t it be nice to get somewhere a little early, even if its just a few minutes, rather than to stress out over being late. Since you have no control over traffic and other variables, why push the limit? Get started a little earlier. Just a little.
- Make it a habit. If you normally wake up at 7:00 AM during the week but you’re always feeling rushed or stressed, set your clock just a few minutes earlier. Even 10 minutes will help. Leave the clock set for the earlier time. You’ll get used to it like everything else. Just give it time (no pun intended) Oh, and no pushing the snooze alarm! If it’s that difficult to get up 10 minutes earlier, then seriously get to sleep earlier. This isn’t that difficult and you can do it. I have faith in you!
- Do not add another thing to do in the morning during that extra time. This time is for you! The purpose is to get out on time without being stressed out or running late.
- Have a plan! I plan over the weekend for the coming week. Do I always get everything done? No! But I do prioritize so that the important things do get done. The other stuff sometimes has to wait. But, having a plan, knowing what needs to get done makes it easier to stay on track. So much easier! It might be something as simple as writing a To Do list. It might be going through your calendar and reminding yourself what appointments you have so you can be prepared. Whatever it is, I can assure you that planning ahead will make your life easier.
- Don’t make this more difficult than it needs to be. We live in a 24/7 world with lots to do. Everyone is busy! If you’re tired of constantly rushing, being stressed out, running late or feeling overwhelmed because you just can’t seem to keep up or catch up, see #1 above (Give yourself extra time). You may want to consider giving something up but if it will make a difference I’m thinking it would be worth it to get off the hamster wheel.
What does that even mean? I think we all have a different idea of what organizing means.
As a Professional Organizer, this is what being organized means to me:
1. Being able to easily find things when I want or need them. When I say “easily” it means that I don’t have to spend more than a few seconds/minutes to get my hands on the item that I want. I know where it is!
2. Being able to access things when I want or need them. This means that I don’t have to move around several other items to get to the item that I want.
** The caveat is that sometimes we store things in the garage or in the attic which makes it more difficult to get to or reach. However, that doesn’t mean it’s not organized. If for example, you have some memorabilia stored in a bin that’s properly labeled but happens to be located in the rafters in the garage, IMO, that’s still organized.
3. Being safe in my surroundings. Being able to navigate my way around without having to step over something and/or without having to move something out of the way. Not being afraid that if I reach to get something that other items might fall on top of me.
4. Time management is key! If you’re organized you will have more time to get things done and ultimately more time to yourself. My favorite time management tool is my calendar and I use it every day, all day. It includes all of my appointments, all calls that I have to make and all things that I have to do. It keeps me on track. Of course there’s always those things that don’t get done. When then happens I just carry it over to the next day or the next week to make sure that whatever it is still gets done. I just prioritize whenever possible.
5. Finally, being organized means that my house and office have to be presentable at all times. It doesn’t mean it has to be perfect or look like a picture from a magazine. For me it’s just easier to stay on top of things and do a little every day to make sure that my surroundings are presentable.
One of the questions I get asked the most from prospective clients is “How long will it take?” What a great question…
Most people want a time frame: one hour, four hours, something concrete. Unfortunately, the answer is not that easy. The answer I ALWAYS give is: “Organizing is a process!
Whatever the situation may be, the process depends on so many different factors. Some factors include availability, interruptions, physical restrictions. However, I think the most important factor is typically how quickly you, the client, can make decisions.
For example, if the job is about de-cluttering one person might quickly be able to pick up an item and decide whether to keep it, toss it, donate it, file it, store it. If you can make decisions quickly and keep distractions and interruptions to a minimum, the process will go quickly.
However, another person might need to tell the story about how they got the item in the first place. They might not be ready to let it go until they make some calls to see if someone else might want it, they may want to take a photo of it before they let it go. If that’s the case, the process will take more time.
Most people would like to think they are great decision makers so they think the process will go by quickly. However, that’s not always the case. Expecially when it comes to family heirlooms or memorabilia. Items that have sentimental value usually take more time.
Whatever the situation is, it’s all okay. We will work with you, our client, as quickly and efficiently as possible by helping you make the decisions, figure out what to do with the items or papers and facilitate the entire process.
Do you or someone you love need to get “better” organized? Need help in the garage? Need to get the filing done?
Give us a call or send us an email and let us help.
Agoura, Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Bel Air, Moorpark, Oak Park, Calabasas, Woodland Hills, West Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Reseda, Valley Village, Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Northridge, Granada Hills, Canoga Park, North Hills, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Chatsworth, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Hollywood, Santa Clarita, West Los Angeles, West Hollywood