|LISTEN UP. This is important!
It’s moving season and many people are getting ready to list their homes for sale.
If you’re selling your home, it’s important to get it ready for your realtor to show it to prospective buyers. The better your house shows, the more you’ll get for it. The goal is for people walking through your house:
Here are a few helpful hints to stage your home to increase it’s value:
1. Remove the clutter from all surfaces. Clutter is the stuff you don’t need every day to function.
2. Put away all personal photos on surfaces and on walls.
3. Remove any excess furniture (think eating trays for example).
4. Clean up as if you were expecting company.
5. Beautify a bit: make the beds and put on some pretty throw pillows if you have any, put fresh flowers on the table…
6. Make sure that the house smells good. If necessary, drop some lemon down the garbage disposal.
7. Easy fixes: Patch holes in the wall, touch up where paint is needed, clean the carpet.
8. Open the blinds and curtains. Let in some natural light.
9. First impressions are really important so make sure the entry to your house looks nice and inviting.
10. Give the outside some love too. Plant some flowers outside, mow the lawn, sweep the stoop.
These are just a few easy, do-it-yourself, things that you can do to get your house ready to show.
If you need some help, please give us a call. We’re ready when you are!