When preparing your house for sale, your ultimate goal is to have potential buyers fall in love with your house. In order for this to happen, your home needs to be appealing, clean and free of clutter. You’ll want prospective buyers to be able to envision themselves living in your house.
Clutter is distracting. You want potential buyers to admire your home rather than the things in your home. Further, clutter can make your home appear small so make sure you tidy up and make your property, inside and out, appealing.
One of the main things that prospective buyers will be looking out for is square footage and storage. They won’t show up with a tape measure ready to go through each inch of your house, but, they will let their eyes do the calculating. With furniture in the “right” place(s) and appealing decorations, you can help prospective buyers get a sense of what it would be like to live there.
A clean and organized house can show potential buyers the value of your property. There’s nothing that says a property is worth its asking price more than the care that went into the property. Show potential buyers that your property is worth every penny by cleaning thoroughly, organizing efficiently and reducing clutter.
Before you put your house on the market, there are things that you should do before your first open house. Implement these easy, do-it-yourself suggestions to get the most money for your home in the shortest amount of time:
1. Go through your entire house and reduce the visible clutter in each room.
· Declutter all surfaces
· Remove personal pictures
· Remove excess furnishings and décor
Remember…less is more!
2. Declutter your closets and cabinets: Potential home-buyers will be looking in your closets, kitchen drawers and cabinets to see if there is enough storage for their needs.
· You can showcase what your house has to offer in terms of storage by decluttering your closets, cabinets and drawers to show off the potential those spaces have to offer.
3. Think about the small, but important, details:
· Add some plants or flowers
· Make a room look larger by adding a mirror
· Make sure to have the right lighting
• Remember to turn on all of the lights, open the blinds and shades before your open house
We can facilitate and coordinate your entire move. From downsizing and de-cluttering to packing to unpacking we are a one-stop shop. We will make sure that your move is as stress free as possible.
If you’re in need of assistance with any or all aspects of your relocation, give us call. We’d love to help!