Before you start, make sure to have all of your supplies ready. There are so many great organizing products on the market, however, I like to try and use items that I already have. For example, you can use a lazy susan to make things easier to reach under the sink. You can hang a hook inside the cabinet door to hang a hair blower, use empty bottles to corral small items, store toilet paper in a basket, or use a bucket to corral cleaning supplies under the sink. Of course, bins are always a good option as well but make sure they’re clear so you can see the content. If you’re handy, you might even consider installing a roll-out storage shelf under the sink.
- The first step is to empty everything out completely. Yes, completely. Everything out! This is important as it allows you to see everything that was in there and determine what should and shouldn’t go back there.
- Next step is to sort everything into categories keeping like item together: all lotions together, all hair products together, all grooming supplies together. You get the idea.
- Now go through everything and purge! Toss out any empty bottles, expired lotions and, of course, anything that you no longer need or use.
- Utilize your organizing products to corral the items that are similar (see #2 above).
- Now for the fun part, at least for me, is putting everything back in an organized way so that you can see what’s there and get to it easily.
Remember to keep it simple!
Call us at (310) 560-5060 to schedule a ½ hour consultation.